Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall Flowers

Hey there crafty friends!  I hope you've had a most wonderful weekend and are off to a good start on your week.

I don't know about everyone else, but I ALWAYS have a song in my head and it changes as soon as I see or hear something that reminds me of another song.  Even if it's a song that I can't stand, it will stick until another decides to take it's place.  Well, today I have that little rabbit from Alice in Wonderland in my head running around and repeating "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date".  I haven't seen that movie in years and I don't know if that is his line, but that's what is spinning around in this crazy ol' noggin of mine since I am running a bit behind.  Sigh...!

This week at Going Grey with Scrap Creations the theme is FALL FLOWERS and I have for you today, my DT inspiration project which is a tag.  This is another first for me since I have not yet made a tag to submit into challenges.  I rather like the idea of making something that you can just attach to a gift or adhere to a card base and add a lovely sentiment inside.
I have colored up this beautiful Wizard Tilda with my Copic markers and added some dimensional glaze to her glasses to make them stand out a bit.  The tag was cut using my Spellbinders dies and the layout was inspired by a sketch and also by the sentiment that I've added.  I have distressed and embossed pretty much everything and then added lace, ribbon, twine, gems, pearls, Stickles and a charm to finish it off.  The detailed recipe can be found at the bottom of the post.
 
Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look around.  I really appreciate each and every visitor and comment.  Your words have been encouraging and uplifting and I cannot thank you enough.  Have a fantastic day and even better tomorrows!
 
♥ Laura C.
 
Challenges I would like to enter:
 
Tilda's Town (Clean And Simple or Fancy And Fussy)
Just Magnolia (Pearls & Die Cuts or Punches)
Totally Tilda (Bingo - Full House)
7 Kids College Fund (Fall Is In The Air)
Sketch N Stash (Sketch - Used My Stash)
Dutch Magnolia Chickies (Bingo - Swirls, Charm, Ribbon - Text, Lace, Ribbon)
Simon Says Stamp (Anything Goes)
 
Recipe:
 
Stamps & Images: Magnolia of Sweden (Wizard Tilda), Michelle Perkett Studio (Sentiment)
Inks: Copic Markers (Hair: E7, E19, E21, E29 - Skin: E000, E00, E21 R20 - Dress & Socks: YR14, YR21, YR24 - Jacket G94, G99 - Belt: YR14, E15 - Shoes: E31, E33, E37 - Wand: E33, E37, E74 E79 - Grass: G20) Ranger Distress Inks (Vintage Photo, Rusty Hinge, Mustard Seed)
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper: K&Co. (Tim Coffee Fall Stripe), I cannot find info on the floral PP
Dies: Spellbinders (Labels Eight, Circles)
Punches: McGill (Leaves, Circles [used to make the hole in the tag and the ring around it])
Misc: Cuttlebug Embossing Folders (Swiss Dot & Swirl), Ranger (Vintage Photo Distress Powder, Star Dust Stickles), Plaid (Dimensional Glaze), JoAnn (Ribbons, Lace, Twine), Michael's (Gems, Pearls, Charm)

23 comments:

Teresa said...

Hi Laura, this is beautiful, great colouring and I love the leafy embellishment so pretty. Thank you for joining us at tilda's Town. Teresa xx

Nicole said...

Oh my, this is absolutely gorgeous. I just love the autumncolours and leaves. Thanks so much for joining us at IAMC with this awesome tag. Good luck and hope to see you next time at IAMC. Hugs, nicole

Mandy said...

Oh wow Laura your tag is absolutely gorgeous, so sweet, I love the leaves and the beautiful Autumn colours.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

~@ngie~ said...

what a fantastic Autumnul tag... I love everything about it... the papers.... image... embellishments... great work ;) hehehee

Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash.... Good luck :)

hugz Angie xXx

Pauline said...

Hi Laura! This is so sweet! I just LOVE autumn colours!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline

Lizzy said...

Laura your tag is just so sweet, love the autumnal colours..beautiful!
Thank you for playing in our BINGO challenge at Totally Tilda..good luck!

xx Hugs Lizzy & TT team

Fleur said...

A gorgeous card, I love the sentiment
Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia this week
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Ally said...

Such a cute creation, love the special take on the sketch and the sweet image! Thanks so much for joining us at SKetch N Stash!
Hugs, Alessandra

Suzi Mac said...

What a fabulous Autumnal Tag this is Laura, beautifully coloured Tilda and those fab papers. Thank you for joining our Bingo challenge over at Totally Tilda. Good luck!
Hugs
Suzi x

Kathleen said...

Beautiful tag, love this cute tilda
Thanks for joining us at Tildas Town
Hugs
Kat xx

sara said...

beautiful love the colours thanks so much for joining us at MDUC this week
hugs sara x x x

Brigitte said...

WOW, your tag is wonderful!!!!! I love the assortment of ribbons and the beautifully coloured Tilda!!!! Thanks for joining us this time at Totally Tilda and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

Anneke. said...

Beautifull creation!
Thank you for joining us at DMCC.
Lovely regards.
Anneke.

ScrappyAndrea said...

Beautiful tag!
Thanks for playing with us at Magnolia Mania!
xxx Andrea

Daniele said...

what a wonderful tag, love the sweet leaves and colouring thanks for joining us at SnS
hugs

Magda said...

Gorgeous colors and beautiful creation.
Thank you for joining us at DMCC
Magda

Suzan L said...

Hi Laura, your Autumn tag is so gorgeous! I love the design papers that you used along with all the beautiful fibers! And, your coloring is beautiful!
Hugs,
Suzan

Karin said...

Gorgeous tag, love the autumn colours you have used. Good look with the challenges!

Eulanda said...

Oooooo I love the deep colors you've used on her!! Especially the burgundy. Great coloring too! Hugs!

miriam said...

heel erg mooi gedaan
bedankt voor je deelname aan dmcc
gr miriam

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Your card is great, love it.
Tamara

Anonymous said...

I love the leaves and rich fall colours, very pretty
Hugs Julie P

Cathy Lee said...

Wizard Tilda is gorgeous, Laura. I love the coloring and sweet tag design.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...