Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Birthday Emboss

Hey There!  How's it going?!  Another Good Tuesday Morning To Ya!
 
Is it really Tuesday already?  It is, and that means a new challenge is going on over at Going Grey with Scrap Creations and this week's challenge is EMBOSSING.  Either dry embossing, as I have done on my DT card, or heat embossing.  You can even do both!  So head on over to the GGSC and take a look at what my extremely talented teamies have created this week and maybe even join in on the challenge.
 
So, I have for you today the card I created for the challenge and just so happens to work into my plans for one of the cards I am making for my mother, only it's not for her.  ???  Recently, mom asked me for a set of handmade cards that she could send out for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, sympathy, etc...  I need to make the cards simple, easy to send, and in bulk.  This simple but cheerful and feminine card is the first design.
 
 
I started out by printing the pretty cake design on white cardstock and using an oval template to trace around the image for a little more oomph.  I used my dies to cut the oval in the pink cardstock and a scalloped oval for the white and then embossed the swirl design.  It's important to emboss after die cutting because doing it the opposite way will smash your embossed design flat.  The "Happy Birthday" was stamped onto the gingham ribbon and cut to fit. 
 
 Now that this initial one is finished, I can make a bunch more in assembly-line fashion.  The masculine version will be a chocolate cake, matted with brown and then topped with an embossed design that says Happy Birthday in all different directions, shapes and sizes.  I will post that one when it's done.  The inside sentiment for both versions is, "birthdays are nature's way of telling you to eat more cake". 
 
Thank you so very much for stopping by.  A list of the products I used to create this card are listed below. Please leave a comment at the bottom of this post and check out my other posts if you haven't yet. Become a Crafting Friend by hitting the "join this site" button and/or follow by email so that you can know when I've posted something new. I hope to see you all again soon. Have a great day and an even better tomorrow!
♥ Laura C.

Products:

Stamps: Close To My Heart (Happy Birthday)
Image: PC Hugware (Party Cake)
Ink: StazOn
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Dies: Spellbinders (Ovals & Scalloped Ovals)
Misc: Cuttlebug (Fancy Swirls Embossing Folder), Basic Basic (Gingham Ribbon)

1 comment:

Sherry said...

This is cute. Luv'n the gingham ribbon!

Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...