Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WELCOME!

Happy, Happy New Year!  I hope that this is the best year ever for all of you my friends!  Have you made any New Year Resolutions?  I don't usually make any, but there is so much that I would like to do and accomplish this year, that I thought making some resolutions and writing them down might help me accomplish them. 

1) First and foremost on my 2013 agenda is to get organized.  I recently read an article in Mother Earth Living about Maximizing Minimalism and it said that in a recent UCLA study, you could tell a lot about a person's home by looking at the front of their fridge.  That if the front of your fridge is cluttered, so is the rest of your home and the amount of clutter coincided.  I looked at my fridge and said, "wow, they are so right".  Thankfully, it isn't extreme but I do want to work on it.

2) Grow my own food.  Living in the SW Desert gives gardening a whole new meaning since I grew up in the Midwest.  You could pretty much drop a seed in the dirt and soon have something to eat.  I have lived here in AZ for 16 years now and think it's about time I realize that I'm not leaving so I might as well give it a go.  Just today, I put up a compost area using some wood pallets and 2 x 4s and I started the compost out with grass and the rinds of the fifty or so oranges that I juiced this morning.

3) Exercise.  I have not done so in a long time and have put on way too much weight in the last two years.  I want to find activities that will keep me motivated and help me lose some of these inches.

4)  Be ahead of Christmas.  Every year I say I'm going to start a Christmas Club account, get an early start on my projects, put up the decorations early, wrap the gifts as soon as I have them, mail my cards right after Thanksgiving...  HA!!!  It was all a mad dash to the finish line and my cards went out on December 22nd.  To try and remedy that, I have put a small Christmas Tree and a musical Christmas clock in my office.  I'm hoping they will be a reminder that I need to work on Christmas all year through.

Wish me luck!

Okay, so now it's down to business.  I have for you today, my DT card for the Twist Of Faith Cards challenge.  This week's theme is Welcome.  You can welcome the New Year, a new neighbor, a new family member...  Whatever or whoever you would like to welcome into your life.  I have made my card to welcome a new baby boy. 


The image is by this week's sponsor, The Doodle Garden and Jennifer is offering up two of her gorgeous images to our lucky random winner.  If you check out my previous post, Winter Bird, you'll see another one of her designs.  I just love them.  The rest of the supplies I've used are listed below.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  Feel free to take a look around.  Your comments always mean so much to me and I appreciate them.  Have a great day, and better tomorrows!

♥  Laura C.

Challenges:

Creative Inspirations Celebrations   Yay, I made Top 3!
Milk Coffee  New Beginnings
Simon Says Stamp  New Something
Totally Gorjuss - New
Tuesday Morning Sketches  #179
Winter Wonderland  New Beginnings

Supplies:

Image: The Doodle Garden (Balloon Bear)
Inks:  Copic Markers (Balloon: B00,BG72 - Scarf: BG70, BG72 - Bear: E31, E70, E74, E79, Colorless Blender), Distress Inks (Vintage Photo)
Printed Paper: Deja Views
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics, Recollections
Misc: Versa Mark, Snow Embossing Powder, Ribbon, Cloud Punch by EKSuccess

7 comments:

Miria said...

Such a sweet card, Laura! Thank you for joining Winter Wonderland this week, Miria x

downrightcrafty said...

A beautiful creation just perfect for our New Beginnings challenge at the Winter Wonderland, wishing you a Happy New Year
Hugs Kate xx

Jenée said...

Very sweet little card -- perfect to welcome a new little boy. It is good to have you back. You've been missed. Hoping and praying 2013 will see you accomplish ALL of your goals!

Laura said...

I love your idea of the mini tree as a constant reminder of Christmas projects! I need to do something like that too! Good luck with all your resolutions for 2013!
Your card is adorable! Thanks so much for playing at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

Debbie said...

What a sweet card!! That image is adorable and I love the colors you used!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Gail said...

Cute, cute Laura - nice job for the baby boy card - blue, blue - have a great day!

Melissa Craig said...

What a sweet baby card. The clouds are the perfect touch for that element on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...